-The Importance and Effects of Colors

Personally I have put a lot of thought and effort into the colors showing on all of my blogs and websites. However I have not always been entirely successful. 

   

                       (Image via Wikipedia)

Several years ago I received an email from one of the blog readers protesting the colors I was using at the time. I was in the midst of changing the color scheme on the site and had not completed all of the color changes yet and several of the colors actually clashed and obviously offended the reader.

It did teach me a valuable lesson. After that I have completed all of my changes on a test site before making any changes at all on any of my sites including any color adjustments. 

After reading several articles on colors; here are some general ideas about how different colors may affect blog observers: 

· Black & Deep Red – sophistication & class

· White– purity

· Red – strength or power

· Blue, Green, Turquoise– calm, nature, peace

· Yellow – attracts attention & focuses the eye (should use sparingly)

· Pink – love, romance, passion

· Purple– dignity, nobility

· Brown – confidence and comfort

· Orange – food images, promotes hunger

· Gray– neutral color 

Note: The colors can also look considerably different in different browsers. This is all rather subjective. Colors can also bring different responses according to the culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment