-Backing Up Your Blog or Website

I have learned the hard way how important it is to backup your blog or website or even your computer for that matter.

What if tomorrow your blog or hosted website files were hacked into and were changed or destroyed, what would you do? Or worse yet- what if your host went belly up and no longer existed flushing all of your blogging files (it has happened)?

 

                            (Image via CrunchBase)

I once had the hard drive on my laptop go down and I was sure glad that I had Carbonite backing it all up.  I had all sorts of files and backups for my blogs and websites on that computer and I would have lost a bunch of stuff that would have been impossible to replace.

After my computer geek son put in a new drive I was able to successfully retrieve it all from Carbonite.com with virtually one click (Though the download did take a few hours).

On another occasion hackers broke into my hosted blog files and set up some websites of their own at my expense. Since I had it all backed up I was able to transfer all of my blogging files to a new hosting site and flush the old one including 100’s of business and whatever sites that a bunch of Romanian and Russian hackers had placed there.

That was a few years ago and now there are all sorts of new apps and sites that make automatic backups of your websites and blogs much easier than it used to be. 

The point? It is always important to plan for the worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment