-Having and Using Multiple Email Addresses

Practically everyone and every business demands an email address from you these days. Purchasing flowers online, booking a room or a flight, to access a news site, setting up a blog, joining a social network, downloading a new program, leaving a comment on a website, or keeping in touch with family or friends. Any or all demand your email address.

 

  Image via CrunchBase

There was a time when I had just one. But now I have multiple email addresses for a multitude of uses and reasons. First of all, I found it necessary just to keep up with it all. Over time I compartmentalized my e-life with a separate email addresses for the following:

1. Personal

Friends and family are the only ones with access to this one. Plus a few key financial ties.

2. Business

This one is for work only.

3. Blogs

I have a separate address for each one of my blogs.

4. Social Networks

A separate address for each one. Imperative to keep on top of it all.

5. Ministry

A separate address for use at church and in ministry.

6. False Flag

A ‘throwaway’ address to give when demanded but care less about and don’t want to be bothered.

Here’s a tip for keeping track of it all.

I have nearly a dozen on Gmail alone that I can access and check up on going to just one log-in site: gmail.com. It really doesn’t take that long and is much easier than working with 2 or 3 different addresses like I use too and having to wade through all sorts of unrelated junk mail and spam.

At least now I can determine where everything is coming from a whole lot easier than I use to. Plus I can more readily find what’s really important.    

No comments:

Post a Comment