-Are You Using Social Media to Bless Others?

"In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven." -Matthew 5:16 ESV

There is already so much garbage on social media. I use Facebook to keep in touch with my family which lives on both coasts and in between. It is a wonderful tool. And I intend on encouraging and blessing others in the process.

However, some of my family continues to post on political issues and controversies on both sides of the political spectrum and some in the extreme. Also all sorts of conspiracy theories that divide the country and the other relatives get posted by my extended family nearly every day.

I find myself biting my tongue to keep from responding; but I have made a decision to only bless others and encourage rather than criticize. I believe that it is part of my ministry to let the love of Jesus Christ shine through all that I do, including what I post and comment on in social media.  

I am always surprised when I observe Christians creating useless controversies and dividing their own families over political issues that could never be resolved. Then some of those same folks will pray to God for those same family members, that they rejected over political controversies, will somehow listen to them about Jesus and receive their testimonies.

It is time to let your light shine and show the love of Jesus to all-- even on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment