-Learning to Take Criticism Well

I started thinking about some of my experiences over the years when it comes to negative comments and criticisms made on my blogs. Particularly those made when I first started blogging 17 years ago:

I would take to heart and dwell on every negative comment that came my way and spend hours trying to properly answer, justify, and respond to every critical word. I can remember even losing some sleep every once in a while over what some folks, that I never met from somewhere I have no idea of, happened to say.

After a while I started praying over those comments and the folks that left them. That changed everything, or I should say the Lord changed me in the process.

These days a lot of stuff just runs off my back like water off a duck. In fact anymore, I find some of it down right humorous. But first I look at every comment to see if there is any merit at all in what is being said. Usually there is at least some degree of truth there that can be helpful, even if the comments are mean and over the top.

I am convinced that some of those mean and ornery jibes have ended up making me a better blogger, a better Christian, and a much clearer communicator. Besides always remember this: A blogger always gets the 'last word' and happiness is sometimes only one ‘delete’ away.

No comments:

Post a Comment